Eligiblity for the Intern Program
Who is Eligible to Participate in the Internship Program?
To enroll in the program, you must have:
- Successfully completed the baccalaureate degree at an accredited
college or university with a grade point average of 2.67 or higher.
- Secured a full-time teaching position in a self-contained elementary
classroom (General Education) within the CSUN
geographic region for supervision and in one of the following participating
- Alhambra Unified School District
- Burbank Unified School District
- Castaic Union School District
- Compton School District
- Glendale Unified School District
- Las Virgenes Unified School District
- Los Angeles Unified School District
- Newhall School District
- Palmdale School District
- Pasadena Unified School District
- Saugus Union Elementary School District
- Sulphur Springs School District
- Westside School District
- Secured a full-time teaching position in a self-contained elementary classroom (General Education) within the CSUN geographic region for supervision and in one of the following participating school districts:
Verified subject matter competency by completion of an approved
college or university subject matter
program or, passage of the California Subject
Examinations for Teachers (CSET)
or completion of an approved program of subject
Successfully passed the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
Met all requirements for admission to the university and CSUN credential programs.
Submitted a completed Internship Program application to the Elementary Education Intern Office.
Candidates teaching in middle schools may be eligible for the Internship Program with special arrangements. Please check with the Intern Coordinator.
If your district is not listed, please check with the Intern Coordinator.
What if I’m not eligible to be an intern?
Options for candidates who do not meet the basic Multiple Subject University Internship Credential Program eligibility requirements:
1. Enroll in a Pre-Internship Program.
2. Begin coursework in CSUN’s regular teacher preparation program and transition to the Internship Program