Last revised October 28, 2002
The College of Education at California State University, Northridge, shall be nationally and internationally recognized as being at the forefront of efforts to shape and improve teaching and learning, and as such, shall exhibit a technologically astute academic culture that meets and exceeds the standards established by NCATE, CTC and ISTE.
The College of Education shall ensure a technology-rich culture in which students, faculty, staff, and alumni work together to pursue academic excellence, promote intellectual exploration, enhance learning, and use technology to aid and assess program effectiveness and student success. Our mission will be accomplished through modeling and integration of appropriate technologies using diverse, innovative and ethical approaches in teaching, field work, research and assessment throughout the unit.
Consistent with the mission, the College of Education at CSUN is committed to:
(1) Provide faculty and staff with access to hardware, software and training which support teaching & learning, research, clinical, and administrative processes.
(2) Ensure that all faculty, staff and graduates of the College of Education have a high level of proficiency in technology use, suitable to their professional roles.
(3) Implement and assess effective use of technology in all aspects of College of Education teaching, learning and administrative activities.
(4) Promote the development and use of emerging and innovative instructional media.
(5) Support the continuing development of internationally renowned instructional technology programs throughout the College
(6) Use technology to gather and analyze data for assessment and decision-making related to program development, student progress, follow-up studies of graduates, and unit operations.
(7) Study the current status and explore the further development and implementation of distance learning programs.
(8) Provide and maintain facilities and support services appropriate for the achievement of all College of Education technology goals.
(9) Support the College of Education technology plan through annual budget allocations and the provision of personnel resources.
Refresh all hardware and software on a two-year cycle.
Provide continuous training sessions for faculty and staff
Construct websites for all courses and instructors in the College of Education
Budget specifically for emerging technologies
Provide all faculty with access to computers, software, data projectors, and screens for instructional, administrative, and conferencing purposes
Provide wireless access and support for all student computers
Budget for full-time, additional professional-level personnel to assist the network administrator.
Implement an efficient and expeditious means of procuring hardware and software (for example procurement cards)
Promote the growth of instructional technology MA, university certificate, and credential programs while exploring new MA options, inter-departmental options, and joint-doctoral programs)
Advocate for additional faculty positions in instructional technology