Interpreter Education Program (IEP)
Fall 2013 Cohort
Enrollment Eligibility and Application Instructions
- Must be a current CSUN student in good standing or able to provide proof of acceptance to CSUN for Fall 2013
- Completion of DEAF 281 (ASL IV) or equivalent with a grade of B or better
For Current CSUN Students Only: Priority consideration will be given to applicants who have completed the following advanced ASL development courses:
- DEAF 300 (Advanced ASL Conversation); and
- DEAF 370 (ASL/English Translation)
For Transfer Students Starting at CSUN in Fall 2013: If accepted into the IEP program, co-enrollment in both DEAF 300 and DEAF 370 will be required along with DEAF 380/383 in Fall 2013.
- Understand adult-level ASL discourse; and
- Have an above-average working vocabulary in ASL and English.
Interested students must submit all of the following. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
- Video Narrative/Statement of Interest (recorded in ASL)
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
SCREENING PROCESS / ACCEPTANCE INTO PROGRAM:
- Step 1. Applications are reviewed and screened
- Step 2. Video-Screening (By Invitation Only)
Only those students who meet all eligibility requirements and qualifications will be invited to participate in the video-screening, which is intended to further assess ASL comprehension, production, and basic translation skills.
- Step 3. Notification of Acceptance into the Program
|Application Deadline:||Friday, April 5, 2013|
|Notification of Invitation to Screen:||Friday, April 12, 2013|
|Video-Screening (By Appointment Only):||April 29 – May 3, 2013|
|Notification of Acceptance into the Program:||June 2013|