Tips For Success - Single Subject Credentials
Make copies of everything you submit to the Credential Office.
Keep all documents in a well organized folder.
Examples would include:
- Application Packet
- Original Test Score Reports
- CPR Card
- Credential Progress Report
- Admission Letter
- Student Teaching Evaluations
- Course Substitution Request Forms (if applicable)
- Change of Program Forms (if applicable)
Be aware of upcoming deadlines.
- Student Teaching Application (submit early in the semester prior to enrollment in student teaching for priority consideration)
- Credential Request (submit at the beginning of your last semester of coursework, provided CSUN coursework in progress that semester is all you have left to complete).
Utilize this online handbook as a reference and to monitor your progress.
See a Credential Advisor whenever you have questions regarding credential requirements or related regulations and policies.
Be sure to receive critical information by checking your CSUN email regularly.
- CSUN email can be forwarded to your yahoo, hotmail or other preferred address. Simply go to www.csun.edu/account, log on and select mail forwarding.
Use the services provided by the Campus Web Portal.
- Enroll in classes
- View your class schedule and grades
- View unofficial transcripts
- Check your CSUN email