How to Apply
Steps for admission | For applicants interested in theaccelerated collaborative teacher (ACT) preparation program
To be considered for admission to the ACT Program, three applications are required.
- CSUN application (graduate standing). The application to CSUN is available and can be completed on-line.
- Credential Program application. The credential program application is available from the Credential Office.Please contact the credential office by email at email@example.com or by phone (818) 677-2586 or visit the Credential Program Website.
- ACT Program application. The ACT application to CSUN is available and can be completed on-line.
View the ACT application online.
We encourage individuals who are interested in applying to the ACT Program to do so early.
What Happens After I Apply to the ACT Program?
Following application to the university, credential program and ACT Program, applicants will be notified to contact the ACT Program Office for an interview. At the time of the interview, please bring the form indicating that you have submitted a complete application to the credential program and copies of the following:
- statement of objectives
- letters of recommendation
What criteria are used in evaluating applicants to the ACT Program?
- Applicants to the ACT Program must meet the requirements for admission to the Credential Program. In addition to these requirements, applicants are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Application materials (statement of objectives, letters of reference)
- Results of interview
- Progress towards completing program requirements
- Grade point average
- Exceptional admission may be considered for applicants to the Multiple and Special Education credential programs.