How to Apply
Please follow the following steps for admission to the Accelerated Collaborative Teacher (ACT) Preparation Program.
- CSUN application (graduate standing) - online at http://www.csumentor.com
- Credential Program application - online at http://www.csun.edu/eisner-education/credential-office/applications
- ACT Program application - online at http://www.csun.edu/eisner-education/accelerated-collaborative-teacher-preparation-program/application
What happens after I apply to the ACT Program?
Following application to the university, credential program and ACT Program, applicants will be notified to contact the ACT Program Office for an interview. At the time of the interview, please bring the form indicating that you have submitted a complete application to the credential program and copies of the following:
- statement of objectives
- letters of recommendation
What criteria are used in evaluating applicants to the ACT Program?
Applicants to the ACT Program must meet the requirements for admission to the Credential Program (Exceptional admission may be considered for applicants to the Multiple Subject and Special Education credential programs).
In addition to these requirements, applicants are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Application materials (statement of purpose, recommendation forms, undergraduate transcripts, CBEST/CSET test scores as required for program)
- Results of interview
- Grade point average