- Making an Appointment
- Getting Started and Registering for Services
- Student Records and Confidentiality
- Learning Support Services & Accommodations
- Cal State Northridge Resources
- Off Campus Resources
- Career Services
- Forms & Procedures
- (TAP) Thriving and
- Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society
- SAAS - Information
(TAP) Thriving and Achieving Program
The Thriving and Achieving Program (TAP) is dedicated to supporting the academic, personal and career success of students with disabilities. Our program staff consist of professionals and specialists who work collaboratively with students who have physical, mental health and learning disabilities.
Watch our "Journey to Success" video to learn more:
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FilxOup7QiI (captioned)
Academic Coaching - Academic coaches encourage and support students in TAP through a combination of peer mentoring and tutoring.
Strengths-Based Counseling - Take the Strengths Quest assessment and discuss the results with trained staff. Developed by Gallup, the Strengths Quest assessment tool has been taken by over 700,000 college students.
Technology to Enhance Learning - TAP offers training and consultation in the use of technology to harness the learning style of any student!
Connection Points Seminars - Connection Points give students the opportunity to meet and interact with other students while expanding their own personal knowledge in creative fun seminars.
How to get started:
- Complete the DRES Intake Process: TAP is part of the Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) office. Students (if they have not done so already) must bring disability documentation, with information about the functional limitations resulting from the disability, to the office and meet with a counselor to complete the intake process
- Meet with the Transition Specialist: Students new to Northridge can meet with the Transition Specialist to discuss participation in TAP. The Transition Specialist will discuss the TAP program and help students connect to the programming right for them. Appointments can be made by calling (818) 677-2684.
We provide a variety of support services to empower students, foster independence, promote achievement of realistic career and educational goals, and assist students in discovering, developing and demonstrating their full potential.