- Making an Appointment
- Getting Started and Registering for Services
- Student Records and Confidentiality
- Learning Support Services & Accommodations
- Cal State Northridge Resources
- Off Campus Resources
- Career Services
- Forms & Procedures
- (TAP) Thriving and
- Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society
- SAAS - Information
Making an Appointment
- Intake Appointments (New Students Registering with DRES)
Appointments are required for initial intakes that take approximately 1 hour. During the initial intake appointment, a counselor will review your documentation, approve accommodations and suggest services you may find helpful. See the Getting Started section for more information.
- Drop in Appointments (For Students Already Registered with DRES)
Students may drop in anytime during office hours (8:00 am through 4:45 pm), Monday through Friday to meet with a DRES counselor for a short consultation (a maximum of 15 minutes). Students are seen by a counselor on a first come first serve basis. During the first two weeks of each semester Drop in Appointments will be the only appointments available.
- Disability Management Counseling Appointments
If more time is needed than the 15 minutes allotted for Drop in Appointments, you may schedule an appointment with a counselor. These appointments are for students already registered with DRES who want to avoid waiting or who need more than 15 minutes to consult with a counselor.
- Requesting Accommodations
In order to use accommodations that you are eligible to receive, you must log into the Student Access and Accommodation System (SAAS) and request accommodations, each academic term and for each class in which you desire to use the accommodations. Requesting accommodations in SAAS and the subsequent DRES approval of the accommodation requests meets the technical requirements for requesting and using accommodations in a class. However, the most important aspect of using both your testing and academic accommodations is the communication and clear understanding you develop with each of your professors about how and when you will use your approved accommodations in their course.
- Log In to SAAS: http://www.csun.edu/saas
- Alternative Testing Accommodations
Course instructors have the right to provide all approved testing accommodations during exams. In situations when the instructor cannot provide the testing accommodations, or prefers that the DRES office proctors the exam and provides the testing accommodations, the course instructor is required to log into SAAS and create an exam profile for the course. Once the exam profile as been created, you may request exam dates in SAAS.
- Exam Scheduling In SAAS:
- In order to schedule staff, assistive technology, alternative media, and testing rooms, exams should be requested in SAAS five business days prior to the exam date.
- Final exams should be scheduled in SAAS before the final exam scheduling deadline.
- Key Alternative Testing Information
- Academic Coaching Appointments (TAP)
Appointments can be made by calling (818) 677-2684 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.