- Making an Appointment
- Getting Started and Registering for Services
- Student Records and Confidentiality
- Learning Support Services & Accommodations
- Cal State Northridge Resources
- Off Campus Resources
- Career Services
- Forms & Procedures
- (TAP) Thriving and
- Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society
- SAAS - Information
Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society
Isn't it about time that students with disabilities are recognized for their academic achievements? We think so too! That is why we have established a California State University, Northridge chapter of Delta Alpha Pi, an honor society for students with disabilities. The purpose of the organization is not only to recognize outstanding students, but also to: promote the development of leadership and advocacy skills; provide role models and mentoring for other students with disabilities; and educate the university community at large regarding disability issues. The first chapter of DAP was established at East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania in April 2004. Our Chapter, Alpha Lambda, was first recognized in June, 2009.
In addition to regular meetings during the semester, the group has also sponsored guest speakers, panel discussions on topics of interest to the group, and social events. Officer positions and fundraising events provide opportunities for volunteer and leadership activities. Graduating seniors can also purchase blue and gold honor cords to wear at Commencement Ceremonies.
- Be a student registered with Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES)
- Demonstrate an interest in disability issues
- Undergraduate Students
- Complete a minimum of 24 units
- Earn an overall GPA of 3.1
- Graduate Students
- Complete a minimum of 18 units
- Earn an overall GPA of 3.3
If you are interested in joining and meet the above criteria, please contact Patrice Wheeler at (818) 677-2684 or email@example.com. Dues for the group are currently $10 per academic year.