- Making an Appointment
- Getting Started and Registering for Services
- Student Records and Confidentiality
- Learning Support Services & Accommodations
- Cal State Northridge Resources
- Off Campus Resources
- Career Services
- Forms & Procedures
- (TAP) Thriving and
- Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society
- SAAS - Information
It's never too early to explore careers through internships, part-time jobs and service learning! We encourage you to discuss your career goals with a Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) counselor and learn about the Workability IV (WAIV) program located in the DRES office, BH 110. WAIV is a job placement program funded by the California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR). WAIV offers the following career services:
- An exploration of your strengths and learning styles to help you indentify a major and career tailored to your strengths.
- Internship preparation and Job assistance
- Assistance in writing resumes and cover letters
- Interview preparation
- Job search assistance
- Workshops on job site accommodations and communication skills
- Career mentoring
- Assistance with basic computer skills
In order to be eligible for WAIV services, you must be:
- A student who is registered with DRES or a student who was registered with DRES and graduated within the last three years; and,
- A client of the DOR. If you are not currently a client of DOR, you may be referred by a DRES counselor who can also assist you with the application.
Career services are also available to all California State University, Northridge students through the Career Center. The Career Center is located in University Hall, Room 105. You can begin your career exploration on-line at the Pathways Project.