- Making an Appointment
- Getting Started and Registering for Services
- Student Records and Confidentiality
- Learning Support Services & Accommodations
- Cal State Northridge Resources
- Off Campus Resources
- Career Services
- Forms & Procedures
- (TAP) Thriving and
- Delta Alpha Pi Honor Society
- SAAS - Information
Student Access and Accommodation System (SAAS)
Online Access to Accommodations and Services
Students registered with the Disabiity Resources and Educational Services office have access to the web-based Student Access and Accommodation System (SAAS). SAAS is used to request alternative testing and academic accommodations; request support services, and manage the alternative testing process.
The academic accommodation "Shared Notes" may be requested and approved online; however, students with an approved "Shared Notes" accommodation must report to the DRES office to retrieve a "Shared Notes" packet. Each semester, the classmate that has agreed to share their class notes must return their portion of the Shared Notes Packet to the DRES office by the designated deadline date.
To Log in to SAAS go to: www.csun.edu/saas
If you have problems linking to SAAS please go to: SAAS login issues
Scheduling Exams at DRES in the Student Access and Accommodation System (SAAS).
*Note: In order to schedule staff, assistive technology, alternative media, and testing rooms, exams should be requested in SAAS five business days prior to the exam date.
- Exams - should be scheduled in SAAS five business days prior to the final exam date.
- Final Exams - should be scheduled in SAAS ten business days prior to the final exam date.
- Standardized Exams - after registration and payment with University Testing - must also be scheduled with the DRES office. Contact DRES at (818) 677-2684 to schedule a standardized exam such as the WPE, ELM/EPT, CPT/MPT with disability accommodations. All university deadlines apply to exams scheduled at the DRES office.
Attention Students, Faculty and Staff
Final exam dates and times at DRES must be requested 10 business days in advance. Fall - final exam requests must be submitted in SAAS prior to Wednesday, November 27, 2013.
Scheduling a Final in SAAS
Scheduling a final exam in SAAS is a little different than scheduling a regular exam. When final exam requests are submitted, SAAS first checks to see if the exam is scheduled during "Finals Week."
If the exam (date) request is during Finals Week, SAAS returns a message that prompts the user to request an exam start time (time block). At this time, a new screen opens, allowing the user to select a time block for the final. Please refer to the section below for Fall – 2013 Final dates and start times.
Fall – 2013 (DRES Final Exam Dates and Start Times)
- December 11, 2013 (Wednesday) 9am, 1pm, 5pm
- December 12, 2013 (Thursday) 9am, 1pm, 5pm
- December 13, 2013 (Friday) 9am, 1pm
- December 14, 2013 (Saturday) 9am
- December 16, (Monday) 9am, 1pm, 5pm
- December 17, (Tuesday) 9am, 1pm, 5pm
Training Guides for Faculty, Students, & Staff
- SAAS Help Manual
- CSUN Faculty (Schedule a brief training session)
- CSUN Faculty (Training/User Support Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
- For Students - SAAS Quick Start Guide
- CSUN Students Training/User Support (Monday – Friday 8 am to 5 pm.)
- For CSUN Faculty – SAAS Quick Start Guide
- For CSUN Department Support Staff – SAAS Quick Start Guide
- SAAS FAQ
Instructional Videos for Students
- Logging In
- Managing Accommodations
- Scheduling Alternative Testing Exams
- Exam Status
- The Exam Schedule
Instructional Videos for Faculty
Instructional Videos for Department Support Staff
For more information or one-on-one training, please contact: