Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) offers accommodations that support learning. Some of the accommodations you may be eligible for include:
- Alternative testing, which provides extra time, a quiet room, a scribe, etc.
- Shared notes
- Alternate media, such as conversion of classroom print materials into electronic text, Braille, large print, etc.
- Access to assistive technology
- Accessible classroom furniture, such as ergonomic chairs, height adjustable tables, etc.
- Disability related counseling and advising
- Registration assistance
In addition, DRES offers a variety of learning support services to encourage your success. These services include specialized workshops, academic coaching, disability management counseling, strengths assessment and career assistance. Academic advisement for general education courses is also available, along with assistance in selecting courses. Our counselors assist students in selecting courses when disability accommodations are needed; however, academic advisement must be conducted through your major's department office. Even if you did not register for DRES services when you first began at California State University, Northridge, you are welcome at any point in your academic career to schedule an appointment and begin the registration process.