As a CSUEU-represented employee, you are classified as either a Fee Payer or a Dues-Paying Member. CSUEU benefits and services vary depending upon these classifications. To JOIN NOW!!!, click here.
Did you know?
Although Union fees are deducted from your paycheck, you are not automatically a member of the Union. All CSUEU-represented employees have fees taken out of their paychecks every month. When taken out, these fees are classified as coming from either a Fee-Payer or a Dues-Paying Member. Although the difference between these classifications may be only 0.003% per month, the membership benefits and services obtained more than offset this difference.
How do I find out what my current status is within CSUEU?
The easiest way to determine your current status within CSUEU is to look at the deductions section of your most recent paystub. If the deduction says "CSEACSUF", then you are a Fee-Payer. If it says "CSEACSUD", then you are a Dues-Paying Member. If you don't have access to a paystub, you may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your status.
What are the Benefits of Membership?
- Only Union members can participate in the governance of the Union via contract and leadership elections;
- Only Union members are represented in disciplinary actions (reprimands, suspensions and terminations);
- Only Union members receive a complimentary death benefit for their families;
- Only Union members are eligible to participate in discounted Union insurance and benefit programs;
- Only Union members and their family members are eligible to apply for scholarships (through CSEA Foundation); and
- Only Union members receive discounted tickets through CSEA.
A list of current benefits may be found at http://www.calcsea.org/benefits/Home/tabid/384/Default.aspx.
How much more is deducted per month when I become a member?
Membership dues are 1.0% of your monthly salary. Currently, the State Controller’s Office already deducts Fee Payer Union fees from your monthly paycheck which equal 0.997% of your monthly salary. Membership will only be an additional 0.003% per month. If you would like to calculate YOUR actual amounts, click here.
Example: If you have a monthly salary of $3,250, as a Fee Payer, you already pay $32.40 per month. The Membership deduction would be $32.50. As a Dues-Payer, you would only pay an additional $0.10 per month.
How do I Join and become a Member?
In order to become a member of CSUEU, you need to do the following:
- Print the application (.pdf).
- Fill out the application, making sure to include your Social Security Number and (on- or off-campus) email address (if applicable).
- Sign and date the application. (You are considered to be a dues-paying member upon receipt of the application.)
- Mail the application to: Claudia Garcia, CSUEU, Mail Drop 8245
- Wait for a "we've received your application" email. Please call Claudia (x3121) if you do not receive it within a week.
If you still have questions, please call Claudia (x3121) or email email@example.com.
Last Updated: September 13, 2010
By: Claudia Garcia