Renovations/Projects: From Planning to Completion, College of Science and Mathematics
1. Any faculty member wanting renovations should first contact the department technician/representative and Department Chair. Together they will then develop a preliminary plan for the project.
2. The faculty member and department representative will then meet with the shop staff to go over the preliminary plan and the shop staff will develop a final plan in consultation with the department representative and faculty member. The shop staff will forward the final plan, in the form of a written Work Request and scale drawing, to the faculty member, department representative, and MAR.
3. The department representative sends the shop drafted Work Request and drawing to PPM as part of the requisition for an estimate. When the estimate comes back from PPM, the department representative will notify the shop staff that the project has been accepted or rejected.
4. Normally once the project has started the shop staff acts as the liaison between the College and PPM, keeping the department representative informed as needed. If there is communication between PPM and the department representative, it is important that the shop be informed. Any change in the scope of work must be communicated to the science shop.
5. The shop staff will inform the department representative when the project is completed.