The following page is a three column layout with a header that contains a quicklinks jump menu and the search CSUN function. Page sections are identified with headers. The footer contains update, contact and emergency information.
(NORTHRIDGE, Calif., April 9, 2012) -- The CSUN Model United Nations team won an Outstanding Delegation Award in the National Model United Nations conference in New York on April 1-7. This team award was very competitive since there were 197 delegations at the conference and approximately 2,500 students from hundreds of universities around the world. The award means that the CSUN delegation was in the top 10 percent of delegations in attendance. The following students participated in the team:
- Sevan Niazi (head delegate)
- Narek Stepanian (head delegate)
- Hillary Sandoval
- Klementina Pavlova
- Jeff Brewer
- Matt Melamed
- Shaun Michel
- Patrick Alsoszatai-Petheo
- Elina Tovmasyan
- David Vassalli
- Khaliah Burnley
- Adam Salgado
In addition, the following students won individual awards.
- Hillary Sandoval and Sevan Niazi each won an Outstanding Position Paper Award in their committee.
- Adam Salgado and Khaliah Burnley won a Committee Award for being one of the three best delegations in their committee.
- Elina Tovmasyan and David Vassalli won a Committee Award for being one of the three best delegations in their committee.
Committee Awards are determined by popular vote of the delegates. Team awards and position paper awards are determined by the committee chair.