- Katie Mortimer, L.C.S.W. (CalSWEC Coordinator)
Office Location: SH 202
Office Phone: (818) 677-4662
- Ms. Mortimer is a full-time staff member who serves as CalSWEC Coordinator, overseeing our child welfare stipend programs. She teaches our Child Welfare elective, Child Welfare Services and our Family Crisis and Trauma in Urban Settings course for students in their concentration year. Lastly, she serves as Field Liaison for foundation year students.
- Ms. Mortimer has twelve years of child welfare and community mental health experience, serving in both direct practice and administrative capacities in the field. After holding clinical positions, she was promoted to Clinical Supervisor, Program Director of Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS), and Program Director of Outpatient Services. Prior to joining us at California State University, Northridge, her teaching experience has included clinical, policy, and theory- based training for both post-bachelor and post-graduate level employees in an agency setting.
- Ms. Mortimer serves on multiple committees relevant to CalSWEC funding, events supporting students, and other general field support events. Currently, those committees include heading the “Los Angeles Field Education Joint Symposium Committee,” and membership in the “CalSWEC Job Fair Committee.” Each committee involves the five M.S.W. programs located in Southern California, including University of California, Los Angeles, University of Southern California, California State University, Los Angeles, California State University, Long Beach, and California State University, Northridge. She also participates in the tri-annual CalSWEC Project Coordination meetings to support program oversight. She is a new member to the Los Angeles County Task Force to End Homophobia.
- Ms. Mortimer oversees the Child Welfare Field Instructor and provides informal guidance to the Inter-University Consortium (I.U.C.) Consultant. She provides direct supervision to the CalSWEC Project Assistant.