- DSW, University of California, Los Angeles, Social Work
- MPH, University of California, Los Angeles, Public Health
- MSW, Howard University, Group Work
- BA, University of Kansas, Liberal Arts
- • Generalist Social Work Theory & Practice I & II
- • Generalist Social Work Practice in Multicultural Settings
- • Social Welfare Policy and Services
Selected Publications and Presentations
Biographical Sketches of Elderly African-American Women in Later Life(2004), Journal of Women & Aging, 16 (3/4) 169-178, Binghamton, NY.
Africentric Social Work Practice: The New Approach for Social Work Practice Intervention(2001), International Social Work Journal, 44 (3) 301-309, London, Thousand Oaks, CA and New Delhi.
The Minority Group, African-American Elderly Women Aging in the United States at the US-China Conference on Social Work, Beijing, China, October, 2006.
Mentoring and Aging, at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Inc., Alpha Gamma Omega Chapter meeting, Los Angeles: September, 11, 2004.
Using Life Histories for Teaching Gender and Aging at the Pacific Sociological Association Annual Meeting, San Francisco: April, 2004.
Elderly African American Women at the California Black Social Workers Annual Meeting, Westchester, CA: October, 2002.
Research and Interests