Graduate students seeking advisement should contact their graduate program director
- Visit the Financial Aid office.
- File a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Look for financial aid/scholarships on the Internet: For example FastWeb.
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities National Internship Program (HNIP) exposes talented college students to a challenging set of professional and educational experiences in many different fields. It is a comprehensive program that provides travel expenses and a weekly stipend in Washington, DC.
- Minority Biomedical Research Support (National Institutes of Health) - to increase the likelihood of diversity among biomedical researchers by providing students with an in-depth research experience. Now SCORE.)
- California Pre Doctoral Award seeks to provide undergraduate and graduate students with the financial means to enhance the likelihood of doctoral program entry.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) Fellowships, Grants, Awards - for women and men who study issues relevant to women and girls.
- APA Fellowships - improve the quality of mental health on issues of concerns to ethnic populations by providing financial support and guidance to individuals pursuing doctoral degrees in psychology and neuroscience (multiple grants at the MA and PhD level).
- APS student grant program - provide research and other funding for graduate students.
- Ford Foundation - to increase the presence of under-represented minorities on the nation’s college and university faculties.
- National Institutes of Health National Research Service Award Individual Pre Doctoral Fellowships for Minority Students - to encourage students from minority groups that are underrepresented in the biomedical and behavioral sciences to seek graduate degrees and thus further the goal of increasing the number of minority scientists who are prepared to pursue careers in biomedical and behavioral research. Telephone: (301) 496-9743
- National Hispanic Scholarship Fund - to assist Hispanic American students in completing their higher education. Selection Committee, National Hispanic Scholarship Fund, PO Box 728, Novato, CA, 94948
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowships - to improve the human resource base of science, mathematics, and engineering in the U.S. and to reinforce its diversity.
- National Association of School Psychologists Minority Scholarship - to increase diversity in school psychology.
- California State University: Forgivable Loan/Doctoral Incentive Program - to provide financial assistance to graduate students and to increase the number of CSU faculty members who are minorities, women, and persons with disabilities. Forgivable Loan, Doctoral Incentive Program, The California State University, Office of the Chancellor, 400 Golden Shore, Suite 222, Long Beach, CA, 90802-4275