The PAS minor consists of 21 units. Students should work out a program to complement their major with an advisor. They will be able to choose courses from a wide range of offerings which can provide a background in several areas critical to the student's understanding of the African world experience.
Nine units, consisting of:
- PAS 100 Introduction to Black Culture (3 units)
- PAS 161 American Political Institutions: A Black Perspective (3 units)
Plus, select one course (three units) from the following:
- PAS 165 Introduction to Pan Africanism (3 units)
- PAS 171 Classical African Civilization (3 units)
- PAS 220 Psychological Environment of the African-American (3 units)
- PAS 221 Sociological Environment of the African American (3 units)
- PAS 222 Elements of the Human Geography of the African American
- PAS 244 African American Literature to 1930 (3 units)
- PAS 245 African American Literature to 1930 (3 units)
- PAS 271 African American History to 1865 (3 units)
- PAS 272 African American History since 1865 (3 units)
Select 12 units of upper division Pan African Studies courses, in consultation with a PAS advisor.