Why Seek Services at University Counseling
- We are here to help!
- Our services are confidential and convenient.
- Our services are free to regularly enrolled students.
- Our staff of experienced clinicians: psychologists, counselors and social workers, are experts in working with university students and college student concerns.
Your quality of life as a student is influenced by your psychological and emotional health, taking care of your personal needs may help you do better academically.
Students seek help at UCS because they want to:
- Have someone to talk to and confide in
- Deal with stress about academics
- Discuss relationship problems
- Resolve family or relationship conflicts
- Achieve personal growth
- Cope with upset feelings
- Deal with worries, anxieties
- Cope with Crisis events: Divorce, Rape, Assault
- Cope with difficult life experiences: break ups, changes, losses.
- Deal with sad, low, or suicidal feelings
- Clear up confusion/ find direction
- Restore motivation
- Improve academic performance
- Manage their emotions (anger, mood swings)
- Feel less overwhelmed
- Feel Better!
Many students hesitate to seek counseling. They feel they would like to see a counselor, but also feel it may be difficult. If you can relate to this experience please download these informative documents: