Deaf & Hard of Hearing - Program Requirements
Core Requirements (9 units) (Core Prerequisite: Classified Status)
- SPED 681 Graduate Research in Special Education (3)
- SPED 682 Advanced Clinical Practicum in Special Ed (pre-requisite or co-requisite SPED 681) (3)
- SPED 683D Current Trends in Special Education (pre-requisite or co-requisite SPED 681, 682) (3)
Advanced Specialization Course Requirements (9 units)
- SPED 561D Teaching Reading to Deaf and Hard of Hearing Pupils (3)
- SPED 565 Fundamentals of Teaching English to Deaf and Hard-of- Hearing Pupils (3)
- SPED 566DHH Curriculum and Instruction in Special Education for Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Pupils (3)
Concentration Area (9 units)
(Courses satisfying Level I requirements may not be included in the concentration area)
Selected strands of graduate coursework, to be determined in consultation with advisor, which will expand student knowledge of exceptionality and core skills with complementary content from related areas of study.
Culminating Experience (3 Units)
- SPED 697 Directed Comprehensive Studies (3) OR
- SPED 698 Thesis or Graduate Project (3)
For more information, please contact the graduate advisor.