Resource Specialist Certificate
The Resource Specialist Certificate (RSP) is designed for experienced educators who have a Special Education Specialist Credential, and wish to qualify for positions as Resource Specialists. This entails working with students with special needs who receive part of their education in general education, and collaborating with general education teachers in serving these students. This credential is only available to teachers who hold a Learning Handicapped, Severely Handicapped, or Communication Handicapped Credential.
- SPED 620 Assessment and Evaluation in Special Education (3)
- SPED 611 Collaborating to Meet the Needs of Special Populations (3)
- SPED 612 Design and Development of Indirect Services (2)
- SPED 612L Design and Development of Indirect Services in Special Education Lab (1)
- Verification of two or more years of successful teaching experience including both regular and special education.
- Demonstration of competencies and a GPA of 3.0 in courses listed above.
- Possession of a valid California Special Education Credential other than an emergency or intern credential.
For more information, contact Dr. Wendy Murawski.