TPE 2: Monitoring Student Learning During Instruction
Candidates for a Teaching Credential use progress monitoring at key points during instruction to determine whether students are progressing adequately toward achieving the state-adopted academic content standards for students. They pace instruction and re-teach content based on evidence gathered using assessment strategies such as questioning students and examining student work and products. Candidates anticipate, check for, and address common student misconceptions and misunderstandings.
- Informal assessment you have created to monitor student learning; lesson plan (1-2 days) with questions or activity for monitoring student learning
- Photographs of your working with groups of students; observation focusing on how another teacher monitors student learning
- Video that demonstrates your monitoring of student learning
- Online quizzes that give you instant feedback of student progress during instruction.
- Synchronous online class discussion and associated formative assessment