TPE 10: Instructional Time
Candidates for a Teaching Credential allocate instructional time to maximize student achievement in relation to state-adopted academic content standards for students, instructional goals and scheduled academic tasks. They establish procedures for routine tasks and manage transitions to maximize instructional time. Based on reflection and consultation, they adjust the use of instructional time to optimize the learning opportunities and outcomes for all students.
- Supervisor notes that focus on your use of instructional time
- Lesson plan (1-2 days) that demonstrates effective variety of activities during a class period or week
- Student responses to reporting on group work time
- Lesson plan that you have adjusted in order to increase the use of instructional time available for student learning
- Field notes focused on use on how class time is used