MA Program Student Learning Outcomes
Secondary Education MA Candidates will develop as professional educators who demonstrate:
- REFLECTIVE PRACTICE by critically examining their subject knowledge, pedagogical content knowledge, and pedagogical skills to improve their diverse students’ learning;
- THEORETICAL UNDERSTANDING by reading, synthesizing, and evaluating educational theory and research in their field and applying research findings to their practice in diverse classroom settings;
- RESEARCH SKILLS by designing and conducting research ethically and effectively and presenting their findings at a professional level in oral and written forms;
- EDUCATIONAL AWARENESS by knowing current discipline-based and general educational issues and how those impact schools; and
- LEADERSHIP by influencing policy and practice in educational communities through advocacy and example.