Alfonso Nava, Ph.D.
Ph.D. in Education, Claremont Graduate School, 1977; Post-Doctorate, Harvard Graduate School of Education
Teaching Interests: Social studies education, classroom management, issues of diversity, supervision of social studies student teachers.
Research Interests: Social Studies education, multicultural education, teacher training, history of education, brain research and pedagogy.
Service: Mexico Teacher Project
- American Science & Technology: Latino(a) Inventors of the 19th and 20th Centuries, 4th edition; McGraw-Hill;
New York, New York, 2004.
- Educating Americans In A Multi-Ethnic Society, McGraw-Hill; New York, New York, 1995.
Fundamentals of Education in American Multi-Ethnic Schools, McGraw-Hill; New York, New York, 2005.
- Portraits of American Heroism: The Medal Of Honor, McGraw-Hill; New York, New York, 2007.
- Connecting English Language Learners to Cross-Cultural Methodology, John Wiley & Sons; Hoboken, N.J.
- The Art & Craft of Teaching: Cura Personalis, McGraw-Hill; New York, New York; 2007.
- Critical Issues in Brain Science & Pedagogy, McGraw-Hill; New York, New York; 2008.
- New Realities in American Literacy: Teaching English Language Learners, second edition, McGraw-Hill; New York, New York; 2004.
- The Who, What, Where, When and How of Bilingual Education, R. & E. Research Associates, Palo Alto, Ca.; 1977.
- A Public Policy Analysis of Bilingual Education In California, R. & E. Research Associates, Palo Alto, Ca. 1976.
- Huntington Memorial Library & Botanical Gardens Seminar in Social Studies