- EPC Departmental Resources
- CSUN Resources
- Professional Associations
- Theories - Institutes
- Mental Health Links
- Family and Child Counseling
- Multicultural Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Licensing, Certification, and Accreditation
- National Clearinghouses and Government Resources
- Counseling Discussions Groups
EPC Departmental Resources
- Applying for Admission
- Pre-Major Application (.pdf)
- Approved Equivalent Pre-Requisite Courses (web version | pdf)
- EPC Department Guide for the Culminating Experience (.pdf)
- EPC Programs
- EPC Faculty
- EPC Classes
- EPC Student Handbook
- CC-SS Student Handbook
- Annotated Inventory List of Frequently Used Assessments (.pdf)
- Responsibilities of Students
CSUN Campus Resources
- CSUN Home Page
- Financial Aid
- CSU Mentor
- Graduate Studies at CSUN
- Admissions and Records
- University Library
- Information Technology
- CSUN Catalog
- CSUN Schedule of Classes
- Matador Bookstore
- Campus Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Campus Resources for Students
- Campus Resources for Faculty
- Campus Resources for Visitors, Parents, Prospective Students
- Mitchell Family Counseling Clinic (MFCC)
- AERA Division E - Counseling and Human Development
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP)
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- American Association of Pastoral Counselors (AAPC)
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)
- American College Counseling Association (ACCA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Psychological Association (APA) Division 17: Counseling Psychology
- American Psychological Society (APS)
- American School Counselor Association (ASCA)
- Association for Assessment in Counseling (AAC)
- Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC)
- Association for Humanistic Psychology (AHP)
- Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (AMCD)
- Association for Play Therapy (APT)
- Association for Specialists in Group Work (ASGW)
- California Association for Career Development (CACD)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- International Association for Marriage and Family Counselors
- National Coalition of Arts Therapy Associations (NCATA)
- Sandplay Therapists of America (STA)
Theories - Institutes
- Matthew Ryan's index of papers on Client-Centered Therapy
- Adler inst.
- SEPI - Society for the Exploration of Psychotherapy Integration
- The Gestalt Therapy Page
- American Psychoanalytic Association
- FreudNet for information on psychoanalysis and related material
- Ackerman Institute for Family Therapy
- Radical Psychology Network
- National Association for Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Freud Resources
- Association for the Advancement of Gestalt Therapy
- Gestalt Resources
- The Focusing Institute
- Ecopsychology, Theory and Practice
- Creative Arts Therapies
- Psychoanalysis (links and resources)
- Personality & Consciousness (sketches of leading theorists)
- Classic Theories of Child Development
- Narrative Psychology Internet & Resource Guide
- UCLA Center for Mental Health in Schools
Other Counseling Resources
- CSUN Community Counseling and Resource Index (CCRI)
- Valley Trauma Center
- Counselor Net - SUNY Plattsburgh
- Computer Use in Social Services Network
- Student Counseling Centers on the Internet
- Licensure Links for Psychologists & Counselors & Other Mental Health Professionals
- WCN CounselingNetwork.Com (Interactive Counseling Community)
- Journals on the Web
Mental Health Links
- CSUN Community Counseling and Resource Index (CCRI)
- Valley Trauma Center
- The Trauma Information Pages
- Peer Counseling and Mentoring
- Mental Health Net
- National Clearinghouse for Drug and Alcohol Information More
- Higher Education Center Against Violence and Abuse
- School Psychology Resources Online
- Dr. Grohol Mental Health Page
- Behavior OnLine: The Mental Health and Behavioral Science Meeting Place
- Depression Central
- PsychScapes Worldwide: Connections in Mental Health
- Internet Mental Health
- Dr. Bob's Mental Health Links
- Nat. Mental Health Services Knowledge Exchange Network (KEN)
- HIV Net Information Server
- Psychology Online Resource Central
- Mental Health Disorders and Treatment
- Indiana Prevention Resource Center Alcohol, tobacco, and other drug prevention resources
- Center for Prevention Research (University of Kentucky)
- Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
Family and Child Counseling Resources
Multicultural Counseling Resources
Career Counseling Resources
- ERIC Digests
- In Motion Magazine
- International Journal of Psychopathology, Psychopharmacology, and Psychotherapy
- Journal of the AACAP
- Journal of Counseling Psychology
- Journal of Emotional Wellness: Magic Stream
- Journal of Vocational Behavior
- NetPsyMagazine for Mental Health Professionals
- Psychiatry On-Line
- Reviews in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Transcultural Mental Health Online
Licensing, Certification, and Accreditation
National Clearinghouses & Government Resources
- ERIC Educational Resources Information Center
- U.S. Government Agencies
- Other National Clearinghouses
Counseling Discussion Groups
Counselor educators, supervisors and students discuss research, theory and practice related to a wide variety of professional counseling and supervision issues. To sign on: Send the message subscribe.
In this area you can ask questions or post messages that other career and employment counselors, career information specialists and career development practitioners can see and respond to. It works like a conferencing system or a roundtable discussion, allowing any number of people to be involved in an on-going conversation. Please follow link and visit our site.
The emphasis of this list is on counseling issues with college students and the developmental and psychological issues they face while in college. College counselors and others who deal with this age group are the primary subscribers. To sign on: Send the message subscribe ACCA-L.
This network is for counselors working in all specialty areas. Topics range widely, including such issues as self-esteem, multicultural issues, program development, career planning, play theory, professional issues and more. To Sign On: Send the message subscribe ICN.
This is a forum for all individuals interested in cross-cultural psychology and its intertwining disciplines. To subscribe send a message SUBSCRIBE C-PSYCH (your first name your last name).
This list informally discusses issues of relevance to graduate students within the field of psychology and also publishes a more formal journal including student papers. To Sign On: Send the message sub psycgrad.
EAP is a list which discusses any aspect of employee assistance counseling and psychological interventions in the workplace. To sign on: Send the message subscribe eap.
CARDEVNET is a list for the discussion of issues relating to career development. To sign on: Send the message subscribe.
This is a discussion group for people who are interested in theoretical or research issues in counseling and psychotherapy. Students and researchers are both welcome. To sign on: Send the message subscribe PSYCH-COUNS.
This list discusses the different views of mental disorders that exist among cultures. To sign on: Send the message subscribe transcultural-psychology.
This networking and discussion list is for sharing discussion on a wide range of topics related to this newly emergent multidisiplinary field where psychology and ecology are used to examine the psychological and spiritual roots of the environmental crisis. This is an opportunity to meet with peers for personal and professional development through our inherent shared affinity with nature. To subscribe send the message subscribe ecopsychology your first name your last name.
Substance abuse and related disorders. To Sign On: Send the message subscribe substance-related-disorders.
This list discusses the problems and experiences encountered as a result of being male. To sign on: Send the message subscribe mail-men.
This list is where those who work on or think about feminism, gender, women and international relations, world politics and more can communicate. To sign on: Send the message subscribe femisa.
This list discusses issues surrounding interpersonal violence and attempts to coordinate across-Canada and worldwide action against violence. To sign on: Send the message subscribe caveat-l.
This list discusses research and theory on the psychology of the Internet including virtual support groups, on-line psychotherapy, internet addiction disorder and how to conduct psychological research via the Internet. To subscribe send a one-line e-mail stating, subscribe research and your name (leave the subject blank).
This list discusses topics related to domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and crisis/trauma intervention. The goal of the list is to provide a safe information and support network for victims of abuse and individuals who work in the field of abuse. To subscribe send the message: subscribe survival.
at Indiana University This is a list for group workers; to subscribe leave subject line blank, type subscribe GROUPSTUFF internet_address in the message section, then send. Note: you must use your internet address rather than your given name in subscribing to this list. If you have difficulty, contact Rex Stockton.
This is a list for group-therapists, about processes and stages, models for group therapy, leadership and coleadership, special populations, techniques; to subscribe leave subject line blank, type subscribe GROUP-PSYCHOTHERAPY first_name last_name in the message section, then send. If you have difficulty, contact Haim Weinberg.
This is a list for discussion of psychological services on the Internet; to subscribe leave the subject line blank, type subscribe NETPSY first_name last_name in the message section, then send. PsychNews: mental health newsletter at firstname.lastname@example.org...a list for mental health students and professionals; to subscribe leave the subject line bland, type subscribe PNI first_name last_name in the message section, then send.
on line mailing list Family Therapy Networker magazine has a free on-line mailing list where you can discuss matters related to family therapy with practitioners and Networker staff. In the subject line enter: subscribe In the body enter: subscribe email@example.com.
For a complete list of listservs and usenet groups and resources, primarily for consumers.