Family Focus Resource Center
The Family Focus Resource Center (FFREC) is an informational, referral, supportive and educational organization serving the families of: Infants who are at-risk for developmental delays; children and adults with disabilities; and the professionals who work with these individuals in the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, and Antelope valleys.
Community Services & Family Resource
For children birth through age 3 and their families: The FFREC provides early childhood information, referral services and support to families of children who are developmentally disabled, delayed or at risk for delays. The FFREC follows the recommendations of the Family Centered philosophy so our clients achieve their maximum potential by receiving timely information and intervention.
For individuals ages birth through 21 and their families: The FFREC offers assistance and support to toddlers, children, and adolescents and their families in the following ways:
- Present workshops on the most effective way to communicate with professionals and positively resolve disputes with school districts or agencies.
- Provide individual and group training on Individual Education Plans (IEP) and Individual Program Plans (IPP).
- Conduct outreach, empowerment training and educational workshops.
- Conduct notebook training to assist families in keeping well-organized medical and educational records.
- Provide Parent Support Groups for parents of school age children.
- Offer a resource library of books, videos, DVD’s, and audio tapes.
- Provide support groups for Spanish-speaking families and resources for Armenian-speaking families.
Prof. Ivor Weiner
818-677-5575 (0-3 years old)
818-677-6854 (3-22 years old)
Visit the FFRC website