18111 Nordhoff Street, Northridge, CA 91330-8265
|Office:||Education Building E103 (Map)|
|Telephone:||(818) 677-2586 8 AM to 5 PM daily|
|*Office hours may change. Please check our website prior to visiting our office for important announcements and closure days.|
|Monday:||8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m*|
|Tuesday:||8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m*|
|Wednesday:||8:00 a.m to 7:00 p.m*|
|Thursday:||12:00 p.m to 5:00 p.m*|
|Friday:||8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m*|
Welcome to the Credential Office!
The Credential Office is comprised of friendly staff that takes pride in assisting you. Serving as a gateway, our office is responsible for admitting new credential program students as well as recommending students for their credential upon program completion. Knowledgeable advisors are available in person, by email and telephone to respond to inquiries regarding program admission and requirements. Our website is a valuable resource, therefore we suggest that you check back regularly for deadline information, announcements and updates. We look forward to serving you and wish you success in your education goals.
Bonnie J. Crawford Ed.M.
To serve the diverse educational needs of students and the community as we assist in the preparation of teachers, counselors, administrators and other education professionals.
- Process applications for credential program admission.
- Process applications for student teaching.
- Evaluate, verify and make recommendations for teaching and services credentials.
- Provide prospective students with pre-admission advisement and information on undergraduate programs and a full array of credential, certificate and master's programs.
- Provide information and advisement to students admitted to the traditional Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and Education Specialist Credentials & Certificate programs.
- Provide information sessions for prospective students, and orientations for students newly admitted to the traditional Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and Education Credential programs.
- Admission interview scheduling
- Plan and organize various on- and off-campus events and activities for student outreach and recruitment.
- Provide information on teacher education scholarships.
To provide a centralized location in which prospective and current students, faculty, staff and the community can receive accurate, comprehensive and complete information and advisement regarding the requirements involved in obtaining California Credentials and Certificates authorizing service in California schools.
There are three major categories of credentials available at California State University, Northridge, College of Education: teaching, specialist, and services. All CSUN credential programs are accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Credentialing (NCATE).