IMPROVE ASSESSMENT, INTERVENTION, AND ACCOUTABILITY
WITH ATALS: TOOLKIT AND TRAINING FEATURING LAUREATE’S
Laureate Learning Systems
110 East Spring Street
Winooski VT 05404
Day Phone: 800-562-6801 ext. 15
Participants will learn how ATLAS can help them conduct a quick, easy, and accurate language assessment and utilize appropriate software to guarantee results and assure accountability. Participants will receive a FREE demo version of the ATLAS Toolkit!
For over 10 years, Laureate’s Seven Stage Linguistic Hierarchy has provided educators with a guide for selecting appropriate software. Now we have created ATLAS: Assistive Technology & Language Assessment Toolkit to help educators conduct accurate language assessments and determine appropriate language intervention software. ATLAS uses low-tech and high-tech tools to conduct a quick, easy, and accurate language assessment and determine appropriate language intervention software. Laureate’s new ATLAS incorporates an Assessment Questionnaire along with our Seven Stage Linguistic Hierarchy to provide a straightforward assessment while guiding you in choosing the appropriate Laureate software. Additionally, ATLAS contains 12 Primary Assessment programs including five of our new Sterling Editions. In the first part of this workshop, participants will learn how to use these valuable materials.
In the years since Laureate Learning Systems first published special needs software, advances in linguistic theory and child language research have greatly enriched our knowledge of early language acquisition. Additionally, advances in technology now allow for increased efficiency in providing individualized lesson delivery and student performance data management. Laureate’s new Sterling Edition software is the culmination of this new knowledge and technology.
All Sterling Editions utilize Laureate's new Sterling Administration System. This innovative management system lets you easily build and maintain student files, individualize program settings, analyze performance data, and write reports. By providing a single interface for using multiple programs with an unlimited number of students, the Sterling Administration System offers maximum flexibility and control. Additionally, every Sterling Edition incorporates Optimized Intervention technology. This system selects appropriate training material and adjusts the instructional support in relation to emerging skills and competencies, resulting in highly individualized and efficient language instruction. The system also features extensive data collection and reporting capabilities, thereby greatly simplifying the process of tracking student progress and generating reports detailing areas of strength and weakness.
During the second part of
the workshop, we will cover the following areas of the new Sterling Administration
• Student Files - keep all information on a student, including identifying information, program settings, session performance, and saved reports.
• Program Settings - let you customize a wide range of variables for each student, from interface options to vocabulary selection.
• Report Writer - enables you to produce comprehensive reports that summarize student performance over time, create custom reports, generate multiple student reports, and export data to a spreadsheet for further analysis.
• The Desk - a multipurpose area where you can organize students into groups, manage student files, create reports, and much more.
Next, we will create a student and learn how Optimized Intervention:
• Begins with a probe test to determine initial training items and the entry level of training
• Automatically adjusts the training level for each stimulus presentation based on student responses
• Introduces new words into training as vocabulary is mastered
• Collects extensive data for documenting student performance
Finally, we will use data that we have generated during the workshop along with real-life data to create a variety of reports:
• Built-in reports – easily generate a comprehensive report of the students progress over time
• Customized reports - using Laureate’s new Data Items to create customized templates
• Multiple-Student Reports – allows the educator to easily create reports for all of their students at one time
• Graphs – a spreadsheet option allows student performance data to be exported for further analysis and graphing
In conclusion, participants will leave this workshop with the skills and tools necessary to provide a quick and accurate assessment of the language functioning stage of their students. Additionally, participants will have the experience necessary to use the Sterling Editions programs to provide language intervention while creating reports necessary for educator accountability.