Dolphin Computer Access
Worcester WR3 8TJ United Kingdom
Day Phone: +44 (0) 1905 754577
Fax: +444 (0) 1905 754559
many people learning is easy, for some it can be a challenge. Dyslexia is now
recognized as a physical condition, one shared by Albert Einstein, Muhammad Ali,
Henry Ford and even George Washington.
Tutor is part of a range of Dolphin applications to aid learning for anyone
‘who suffers with Dyslexia and other print impairments and reading
Tutor has been designed to allow users to choose a way to read and write that
suits them best. Computer users can write, read, view and check text, making it
the perfect solution for people who have difficulty reading, writing and
adding a simple, easy to read toolbar to your common Microsoft applications,
such as Word®, Excel® and Internet Explorer®, Dolphin Tutor will allow read
back from your PC screen. Dolphin Tutor also makes all text more visible, as well
as including many text checking tools to help you create accurate work.
this practical session, we will look at the key features of Dolphin Tutor:
• Read text from any part of a Microsoft Word document.
• Customize the on-screen appearance of your Word ® document to suit your needs.
any on—screen text using the mouse and hear it read back’ to you.
• Characters, words and sentences can be read back as you type.
• Word prediction feature to help develop writing skills.
• Point the mouse at menus to hear what action they perform.
• Save the on—screen text as an audio file (.wav) to play on your PC or portable audio
recognition — Words with different spellings or meanings that are
pronounced the same can be marked in a document along with alternative words and their
• Combined homophone dictionary, thesaurus and spell checker makes checking documents
• Dolphin Tutor incorporates the latest Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
technology. If a scanner is connected to your PC, Dolphin Tutor will convert scanned
documents into Microsoft Word® text and read it back.
• Scan and convert a printed document or PDF image into text from within Microsoft”
• Read back the scanned document using all of the speech output and’ customization
• Users are also able to edit, cut and paste the text to create new documents.
Dolphin has a simple goal: to create software products that allow people with vision impairment to use mainstream information technology. With proven expertise in screen reading with speech and Braille, screen magnification and products in many languages, Dolphin is constantly developing new technologies. Founded in 1986 in the