CSUN Council of Chairs
Present: Shari Tarver-Behring (Chair), Ali Amini, Helen Heinrich, Jennifer Kalfsbeek-Goetz, Paul Lazarony, Vicki Pedone, Jon Stahl.
Guests: Dr. William Whiting, Senior Director for Academic Personnel
- The minutes of the November 19, 2012 meeting were approved.
- Announcements-The committee was saddened to hear of the passing of Darrick Dante and signed a sympathy card for his family.
- The committee members took a few minutes to share events and issues across departments and colleges with on another. One topic, which we hope to discuss at our next meeting, is undergraduate GPA and graduation, and we will invite Elizabeth Adams to address this topic.
- Shari Tarver Behring gave a report on the Jan. 2013 American Council on Education Chairs Retreat attended by Herman DeBose and Shari Tarver Behring. The event seemed especially helpful for new chairs and also allowed for networking across universities represented at the retreat.
- Shari gave a brief report on the Jan. 25th UPBG meeting. A copy of the full CSUN sustainability plan was emailed to committee members.
- 11:00 time certain: William Whiting, Senior Director for Academic Personnel, discussed proposed academic calendars for 2015-16 and 2016-17. These documents were emailed to committee members. Dr. Whiting pointed out changes in the calendar format which are intended to help clarify Saturday and Sunday classes and when campus is closed. The committee also discussed how holidays are observed as indicated by the calendar. Dr. Whiting also was asked by the committee to review a number of other faculty affairs related topics, including electing department representatives to the Faculty Hearing Panel in relation to the Statutory Grievance Process, completing 3 year contract reviews with part time faculty, and completing an outside work form if needed. Dr. Whiting was helpful in clarifying policies and procedures related to these topics.
Meeting adjourned at 12:00
Minutes by STB
Original design by Pralaya Software Solutions. Recoded in accordance with W3C/WAI guidelines by Elizabeth Altman
Please direct questions or comments regarding site content to the chair of the committee.
Last updated: June 29, 2011