Council of Chairs Meeting of September 23, 2002 Minutes
Members Present: Julio Blanco (SC&M), Bonnie Ericson (EDUC), David Moon (AMC), Sid Schwartz (CECS), Gregory Velazco y Trianosky (HUM), Tom Spencer-Walters (S&BS)
Members Absent: Michael Barrett (LIB), Adam Gifford (BAE), no name(HHD)
Guests: Jan Adams (Physical Therapy), Michael Reagan (CFA), Yolanda Rosas (Modern & Classical Lang & Lits), Nathan Weinberg (Sociology), Tommie Lee White (Kinesiology).
- Meeting was called to order by J. Blanco in MZ212 at 9:40. The minutes of the previous meeting were approved without corrections.
- J. Blanco was elected chair by all the attending members after Cynthia Rawith (former chair) handed to him 'the Council of Chairs folder'.
- The meeting dates for the 2002-03 academic year
were approved as follows:
Fall: Sept. 23, Oct. 21, Nov. 18, and Dec. 16 (if needed)
Spring: Feb. 17, March 17, April 21 and May 19 (if needed)
- Faculty governance liaison appointments:
University Planning and Budget Group: J. Blanco (by default)
- A general discussion about topics of interest took place. The following items were mentioned: impacting a program, career placement, low enrolled classes, data about students success after graduation, advisement/counseling, assessment of programs and GE courses, YRO/summer, reassigned/release time, space/classes, integrity of academic programs, chair's stipend, evaluation of PT faculty, new faculty allocations, chair's manual, chair's workshop, construction & technology plans.
- The meeting was adjourned at 10:55 a.m.
Julio R. Blanco
Original design by Pralaya Software Solutions. Recoded in accordance with W3C/WAI guidelines by Elizabeth Altman
Please direct questions or comments regarding site content to the chair of the committee.
Last updated: 17-Jan-2007