Council of Chairs Meeting of May 19, 2003 Minutes
The meeting was called to order at 9:30 a.m.
Members Present: Michael Barrett (LIB), Julio Blanco (SC&M), Bonnie Ericson (EDUC), David Moon (AMC), Sid Schwartz (CECS), and Janet Adams (HHD).
Members Absent: Adam Gifford (B&E), Tom Spencer-Walters (S&BS), and Gregory Velazco y Trianosky (HUM), (all excused).
Substitutes for Members: Bill Jennings (B&E), and Nathan Weinberg (Sociology, S&BS).
Guests: Marilynn Filbeck (HHD).
Presenters/discussants: Lorraine Newlon (A&R), and Bob Stark (ITR).
- Lorraine Newlon and Bob Stark presented information about the PeopleSoft Student Administration Module. A package was provided. Some questions were answered and other questions were raised. This module will have a significant impact on students, staff and faculty. It promises to be an improvement over existing technology.
- The minutes of the April 21, 2003 meeting were approved with corrections. (Attached.)
- The committee
discussed a variety of topics.
Discussion about the by-laws. The chairs felt that guidelines are more appropriate than by-laws. There were several questions raised. Some were answered and some were not.
- Should each College elect one chair? Yes and perhaps an alternate as well.
- Should anyone else be a member of the council? No.
- Should the election of representative to the council be conducted in May? Yes.
- Should the new and old members attend the May meeting?
- How the election is conducted is left up to each College. Yes.
- Should the chair of the council serve a one or two-year term? Normally two years.
- Who elects the chair, the council members or all the chairs? Council members.
- Should the chair be elected the year prior to serving as chair?
- Should the chair-elect be a member of the council the year prior to serving as chair?
- Should the council request an official seat in the faculty senate? Senate Exec?
- Should a website for the council of chairs be maintained? Yes.
- Should a fixed calendar for meeting be chosen? Like the third Monday of each month? Yes. From 10-noon.
- Should we be an official governance body? No.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:30 a.m. The next Council of Chairs meeting will be held on Monday, September 22, 2003 at 10:00 a.m. in the Oviatt Library Room 314.
Respectfully submitted: Julio R. Blanco, Chair
Council of Chairs
Original design by Pralaya Software Solutions. Recoded in accordance with W3C/WAI guidelines by Elizabeth Altman
Please direct questions or comments regarding site content to the chair of the committee.
Last updated: December 10, 2006