CSU International Programs / China
Peking University is a comprehensive university. The campus, known as "Yan Yuan" (the gardens of Yan 燕园), is in the western suburbs of Beijing. The capital of China, Beijing is the second largest city in China in terms of population (12 million), after Shanghai. Most international students attend the International College for Chinese Language Studies situated in the western part of campus amidst the foreign student complex known as the Shao Yuan. This complex includes dormitories, a cafeteria, post office, and coffee shop, as well as classrooms and offices.
At Shanghai Jiao Tong University in Shanghai, students with near native fluency in Mandarin Chinese may enroll in regular university courses.
CSU IP China Flyer (.pdf)
- IP Scholarships (pdf) : Made possible through the generosity of former IP participants. Approximately five awards of $500 each are made each year. Applications due December 15.
- Wang Family Scholarships (pdf): Recognizing the importance of international education, the Wang Family generously provides scholarships for study in China and Taiwan with the CSU International Programs. Ten $4,000 scholarships are awarded for study in China, and ten $4,000 scholarships are awarded for study in Taiwan. Applications are due December 15, along with the IP Application.
- Why Study Abroad?
- How do I apply and what is the selection process?
- Can I Afford to Study Abroad?
- Are there any IP scholarships I can apply for?
- Will I Get Credit?
- Can graduate students study abroad?
- What Is IP?
- Why an Academic Year?
- What can I Study and Where can I Study it?
- How do I Talk to a Real, Live Person about Study Abroad?
In Partnership with CAPA International Education
Program Dates: February 20 - April 29, 2012
The PCC Beijing Program offers students a unique opportunity to begin learning Mandarin Chinese, or to advance their existing Mandarin language skills rapidly throughout the semester. The program also has courses taught in English examining business practices and general business courses. An academically challenging curriculum empowers participants to explore the history and traditions of this rich and ancient culture.