Film Recommendations: Please follow the Film Recommendations link to access films recommended by the CDSC initiative.
1.Reverend Lawson Recommends: Reverend Lawson has suggested a list of resources that might be helpful for you to further your own reading, or understanding of the issues that the Civil Discource and Social Change Initiative focuses on:
- A Force More Powerful by Peter Ackerman and Jack Duvall
- American Holocaust: The Conquest of the New World by David Stannard
- Hidden Wounds by Wendell Berry
- Jesus and the Disinherited by Howard Thurman
- Martin Luther King’s April 4th 1967 speech: Beyond Vietnam: A Time to Break Silence
- Audio and transcript: http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/mlkatimetobreaksilence.htm
- Transcript: http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/45a/058.html
- My Experience with Truth by Gandhi
- Nonviolence in the Global Community by Richard Deats
- Politics of Nonviolent Action by Gene Sharp
- The Children by David Halberstam
- Waging Nonviolent Struggle by Gene Sharp
3. Curriculur Resources on Nonviolence: We have compiled a list of resources on Nonviolent political organizing and nonviolence within various traditions.
4. CDSC - Working Bibliography: A working list of resources organized by various topics like social justice pedagogy, economic in/justice, globalization, culture and social justice.
5. Film Series
7. Library Resources for Researching Civil Discourse & Social Change (compiled by Katherine Dabbour)