Appeal of Undergraduate University Regulations

Undergraduate students seeking to appeal regulations other than course requirements in their major or minor should obtain the DPR Review Request form online at the Admissions and Records–Forms website or from the Office of Admissions and Records, and return the completed form to Admissions and Records for review and consideration by appropriate campus officials. Seniors who have applied for graduation and are requesting substitution or waiver of requirements in their major or minor should discuss the possible substitution or waiver with their department chair. The department chair will send the form to the student’s graduation evaluator in Admissions and Records. Many regulations are not subject to appeal or amendment because of provisions of Title 5 of the California Code of Regulations. Examples of regulations that are not subject to modification by the University include limitations on extension and community college credit and the “C” GPA required for graduation.