Career Related Part-time Jobs
Learning Through Experience
A career-related part-time job is your chance to gain work experience, get a paycheck, and get a hands-on feel for a specific industry in which you are interested!
A career-related part-time job benefits you in many ways. By working, you can learn whether or not a certain job is a good fit for you. You’ll improve your résumé, network with professionals in your field of interest, and learn new skills by going to school and working, including time-management, prioritizing, and organization.
Reasons to Look for a Career Related Part Time Job:
- Get paid!
- Gain valuable work experience and training.
- Apply the knowledge that you've gained through your classes.
- Enrich your studies and add meaning to your academic goals.
- Verify your choice of major, clarify career choices, and begin to develop your professional self.
- Build career-related skills that look impressive on your résumé.
- Make professional connections and gain references.
- Become knowledgeable about work functions and the job market.
- Apply what you are learning in your classes; it can help you to stay motivated in college and graduate.
- Increase your chances of a job opportunity after college.
- A student.
- A desire to learn, achieve, and grow in your field.
- Possibly some work experience.
- Writing and communication skills.