Majors & Careers
Sounds important, right? It is! A fellowship can be your chance to develop research in a particular field and get paid! While they are very competitive, fellowships look great on résumés or curriculum vitae (CV’s), especially if you want to go to graduate school.
SUNlink Log-In Intructions
- A type of grant based on your field of study.
- Available to students or mid-career study in a specific field.
- Are typically paid by a university, independent organization, or federal group.
- An opportunity that can last between a few weeks and a few years.
A fellowship can include
- Researching a specific issue, organization, or project.
- Working as an apprentice to a high-level professional.
- Field placement working on various short-term projects.
- Expanding leadership within a group.
- Studying abroad.
- Advancing fluency in a foreign language.
The benefits of a fellowship
- Use the skills you’ve learned in school and apply them to work in your field.
- Explore and test out career options to decide what is best for you.
- Gain experience and skills that will help expand your résumé.
- Learn about the possibility of available job opportunities after completion.
- Make connections with others in your field and gain references.
- Develop research, leadership, and training skills.