After completing the job shadow experience, consider this:
Send a thank-you note
- Write and mail or email a thank-you note within one day of your job shadow.
- Include a few points from the job shadow that you found helpful.
- Is this the job you want? Is this a company you would like to work for?
- How comfortable were you in this environment? Would you fit in?
- What might you need to do to be successful in this career?
- Might you want to explore other jobs, industries, or companies?
- Did you enjoy this experience? What might you do differently the next time?
Need more information?
- Schedule another job shadow.
- Seek an informational interview experience.
- Look for an internship or career-related part-time job in the field.
- Research similar career fields or industries.
- Talk with faculty in your major.
Want to change directions?
- Come to the Career Center and meet with the peer educator and perhaps a career counselor.
- Have you identified your interest, skills, strengths, and values? Ask about our career inventories and self-assessment activities.
- Research new careers. Start with the Career Library resources.