How To Succeed
Ensure that your goals and objectives are met.
- Create a list of what you want to learn and accomplish during the internship.
- Discuss them with your employer and/or work supervisor and decide on what goals and objectives to focus.
- Develop a contract with your employer outlining your goals and objectives and the goals and objectives of the position.
- Play an active role during your internship by asking questions and keeping busy with assignments.
- Learn as much about the company as you can. Keep a journal during your internship, reflecting on your experience and what youíve learned.
- Network with professionals within the company and keep in touch when you leave.
Go Beyond Expectations
- Impress your supervisor and company by going above and beyond. Work hard on projects and finish them in a timely manner.
- Be punctual to show your responsibility.
- Be professional in speech and appearance Ė dress appropriately and donít use slang.
- While there is no guarantee that you will be hired after your internship, a job opportunity may be offered to you, depending on the company. However, remember that the purpose of an internship is to provide a meaningful learning experience.
Reflect on my experience
- Examine my experience
- What did I learn from this experience?
- How did I clarify your educational and career goals?
- Did I gain professional skills and learn how to apply them?
- Did I learn to build relationships that will enhance my personal and professional success?
- What will I change next time?