Tuesday, April 22, 2014
9:00 am - 4:30 pm - University Student Union, Northridge Center
Sustainability in the African World: A Call for Collective Action
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Alhaji Njie, Scientist/Toxicologist, Proctor & Gamble; Research Scientist, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Sustainability via Institutional-Community Partnerships: Sierra Leone
- Bridging the Health Divide: Children's Hospital: Uganda
- War and Environmental Terrorism: the Congo
- Open Green Spaces: Dakar, Senegal
- Sustainable Path to African Urban Development: Ethiopia
- Attitudes among Africans toward Climate Change
Kindly RSVP: Tom Spencer-Walters 818-677-3311 or 818-677-7819
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm - Grand Salon, University Student Union
The Department of Political Science presents
Cross-Examine the Judges Night
The 18th Annual Cross Examine the Judges event will be held on Tuesday, April 22, 2014, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Grand Salon of the Student Union. Seven judges from the Los Angeles Superior Court in Van Nuys, Chatsworth, and Lancaster will be there. The judges will speak about the court system, their jobs, and then answer numerous questions from the audience. This event is free and represents an opportunity for the university community to meet and question some of our Superior Court judges.
For more information please contact the Department of Political Science at 818-677-3488.