Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Wednesday, October 10 7:30 pm - Sunday, October 14 2:00 pm - Experimental Theatre of the Valley Performing Arts Center
SATELLITES by Diana Son
Young professionals Nina and Miles seek to ground their new child with the ethnic connections they lacked growing up. But this is New York City, where out-of-orbit characters are about to collide. Directed by Peter Grego. Presented by special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service
Experimental Theatre of the Valley Performing Arts Center
Oct 5-6-7, 10-11-12-13-14 7:30 curtain except Sundays at 2pm. Box office (818) 677-2488. Very limited late seating, often only at intermission.
Interpreted performance for the deaf on Wednesday Oct 10.
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
10:00 am - 12:00 pm - Linda Joseph English Reading Room, JR 319
Literacy and Educational Attainment among Salvadoran in the United States and El Salvador.
- Shartriya Collier, Department of Education, CSUN
- Guillermo GalvÃ¡n, Undersecretary for Development and Decentralization, El Salvador
- Sheena Malhotra, Gender and Women Studies, CSUN
- Mari Riddles, Centro Latino for Literacy of Los Angeles
- Karina Zelaya, Central American Studies, CSUN
Sponsored by the Central American Studies, College of Humanities Academic Programing Fund, Chicano(a) Studies Department, and the Gender and Women Studies Department