G. Michael Phillips, Director
List Advisory Board or Community Board Members:
For additional information, please visit: Center for Financial Planning and Investment alternate site.
The CFPI members will continue public speaking, performing applicable academic research, curriculum development, building strategic alliances, and continue to develop our service to the broader community.
To promote and develop financial planning and investment education and better prepare our students for careers in the financial planning and investing industry, for life-long learning, and for service to their communities.
Promote curriculum development and the provision of innovative educational programs; to promote the professional growth and development of faculty, students, and professionals in the fields of financial planning and investment; to increase communication among faculty, students, and professionals in the financial planning and investment fields; to support the pursuit of scholarly projects and publications related to financial planning, investments, and personal financial applications of finance, real estate, and insurance.
1. Work with Department of Finance to achieve "Registered Program Status" by the CFP Board of Registry;
2. continue growing cooperation with local professional organizations through public speaking and board participation;
3. attend national conferences related to personal financial planning
4. develop relationships with key companies in the personal financial planning and investment industry;
5. continue developing relationships with leading doctoral programs in personal financial planning;
6. continue academic research aimed at high profile financial planning and investment journals.
Solid relationships with industry and community leaders, impactful research, growing reputation among graduate programs and other financial planning leaders.