The Bookstein Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
Juniper Hall 1111
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff St, Northridge CA 91330
Hours: M-F 9 am-6 pm
Bookstein Tax Clinic - FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
- How soon can you help me?
- We endeavor to serve our clients as soon as we possibly can. Due to the number of taxpayers with tax controversy issues in the Greater Los Angeles area, we usually have a waiting list. We will let you know an approximate time before your issue can be considered for intake.
- What if I have an immediate problem?
- We understand that you may have a 30-day letter with a rapidly approaching due date or another pressing concern. However, we must take clients on a first come, first served basis. We can advise you on potential ways to mitigate issues with the IRS while you are on the waiting list.
- Do you help with tax filing?
- If your issue is only to have taxes filed, that is through the CSUN VITA office.
- Do you deal with state taxes?
- If there is a federal tax controversy issue and a California state tax controversy issue, we can address both. However, we cannot address state tax problems alone.
- How much do you cost?
- Our services are free. In the course of providing documents for the Clinic you may need to mail or print some items.
- I do not live in the Los Angeles area. Can you still help me?
- We will be able to make that determination and provide you with other low income tax clinic contact information as appropriate.
- I do not speak English. Can you help me?
- We have clinicians and staff who can assist Spanish-speaking clients, and can sometimes help other non-fluent English speakers.
- How can I get more information?
- Call 818-677-3600 between 9am to 6pm, Monday - Friday.