You must apply for graduation once you have completed 90 units (including work-in-progress) or approximately one year prior to your planned graduation date. At least one semester of work must be completed in residence at Cal State Northridge before Admissions and Records can complete a graduation evaluation. Deadlines for filing to graduate are as follows.
|Expected date of graduation:
||March 4, 2011
|Spring or Summer, 2012
||July 8, 2011
||March 2, 2012
Failure to apply in a timely manner has consequences:
- You will pay an additional $10 fee;
- You will not be receive a priority registration time for your last semester, an important perk accorded students with graduating senior status;
- Your graduation evaluation may be delayed; and
- Your name may not be printed on the commencement ceremony program.
To file for graduation, do the following:
- Download and complete an Application for Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma.
- Download the form.
- Fill in the top portion only; leave portion entitled Degree Objective blank.
- Complete your MAP (My Academic Planner) by identifying all the courses you expect to take in your last year to meet University and major requirements for your degree.
- When done properly, all items on your MAP will be GREEN, except perhaps the UDWPE (Upper division writing proficiency exam); if the UDWPE is red, you must sign up and take the exam.
- If you are familiar with the MAP program, you can complete your MAP yourself on-line. (Information on how to access and use your MAP.)
- If you need help in completing your MAP, an advisor in the Biology Advisement Center can assist you.
- Stop by the Advisement Office when one of the faculty advisors (Dr. Dole, Dr. Odom, or Dr. Richardson) is available, bringing with you:
- Your Application for Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma, its top part filled out.
- A printout of your completed MAP (with everything GREEN).
- After a faculty advisor has reviewed your MAP and signed your Application for Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma, take both to Admissions and Records in the lobby of Bayramian Hall where you must:
- Submit both your MAP and Application for Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma to the Student Services Center, and
- Pay your diploma fee at Cashier Services ($47; cash or check only).