The Outdoor Leaders program was developed to train knowledgeable and highly skilled individuals to effectively guide others through outdoor experiences. The program is exciting and challenging, provides opportunities to enhance hard and soft skills, promotes personal growth and assists in developing leadership abilities.
Team-building programs are specialized activities designed to meet the specific needs of campus groups. The fun, challenging and educational activities promote personal development and teamwork.
Applications are closed for the 2013-2014 school year.What to expect
- Attend a five-day training trip in the fall.
- Attend a five-day training trip in the spring.
- Shadow at least two trips during the semester.
- Attend trip leader meetings Tuesday nights, 7–8:30 p.m.
- Complete volunteer, liability and medical forms.
- Complete defensive driving.
- Complete sexual harassment, bloodborne pathogens and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training.
- CPR and first-aid training
- Leadership and technical skills
- Group management skills
- Outdoor living
- Wilderness medicine training
- Trip and course planning
- Risk management practices
- Teaching philosophy and techniques