Calendar of Activities for the fall of 2012 and beyond
Please come back often to check on our progress below
Meanwhile, note that our regular meetings take place at 2 p.m. on the second Wednesday of September, October, November, February, and March.
Our Board meets regularly every month (except December, June, July and August), on the second Wednesday of the month, at 11 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all our meetings are held at the University Club.
In addition, many of our members participate in one of our Special Interest Clubs
Here's what the committee have planned for us as of now
We are thinking of the following for the 2013-14 academic year.
- Sept. 12, 2012 -- Ed Maliski of Cure Pharmaceuticals will talk about Care Now -- a non-profit that distributes drugs in Third World countries at low or no cost.
- Oct. 10, 2012 -- Pat LoPresti will talk about Oakrdge, the historic Northridge home of Barbara Stanwick and Jack Oakie.
- Nov. 8, 2012 -- Ivan Johnson will talk about Determining Family Trees: The Ins and Outs of Genealogical Research.
- Jan. 19, 2013 -- Our annual Thank God the Holidays Are Over Banquet featuring entertainment by "Sentimental Journey".
- Feb. 13, 2013 -- Vince Coppola will take us Behind the Scenes. March 13, 2013 --Darrick Danta (CSUN Geography Department) will talk about the "Ambiguous Landscapes of the San Fernando Valley."
- April 17, 2013 -- Our annual field trip will take us to the Getty Villa in Malibu.
- May 11, 2013 -- Annual Spring Luncheon and Scholarship Awards ceremony
- June 1, 2013 -- Our General Meeting and Picnic featuring Paul Kirk on the accordion.
- Sept. 11, 2013 -- Cindi Malone (Biology) will talk about stem cell research.
- Oct. 9, 2013 -- Paul Laverack (a recent ARF Scholarship recipient) will show his movie "Labor Action."
- Nov. 13, 2013 -- Ellen Mayer (Counseling Center) will talk about Burma.
- Jan. 11, 2014 -- Our annual Thank God the Holidays Are Over Banquet.
- Feb. 12, 2014 -- Flavia Fleischer (Deaf Studies) will discuss Deaf Culture.
- March 12, 2014 --Tony Gardner (Library) will talk about University and Urban Archive.
- April 9, 2014 -- Our annual field trip will take us to the Los Angeles Public Library.
- May 10, 2014 -- Annual Spring Luncheon and Scholarship Awards ceremony
- June 7, 2014 -- Our General Meeting and Picnic.