Calendar of Activities for the fall of 2013 and beyond
Please come back often to check on our progress below
Meanwhile, note that our regular meetings take place at 2 p.m. on the second Wednesday of September, October, November, February, and March.
Our Board meets regularly every month (except December, June, July and August), on the second Wednesday of the month, at 11 a.m.
Unless otherwise noted, all our meetings are held at the University Club.
In addition, many of our members participate in one of our Special Interest Clubs
Here's what the committee have planned for us as of now
- Sept. 11, 2013 -- Cindi Malone (Biology) will talk about stem cell research.
- Oct. 9, 2013 -- Paul Laverack (a recent ARF Scholarship recipient) will show his movie "Labor Action."
- Nov. 13, 2013 -- Flavia Fleischer (deaf Studies)will discuss Deaf Culture
- Jan. 11, 2014 -- Our annual Thank God the Holidays Are Over Banquet.
- Feb. 12, 2014 -- Ellen Mayer (Counseling Center) will talk about Burma.
- March 12, 2014 --Ellen Jarosz (Library) will talk about University and Urban Archives.
- April 2, 2014 -- Our annual field trip will take us to the Los Angeles Public Library.
- May 10, 2014 -- Annual Spring Luncheon and Scholarship Awards ceremony
- June 7, 2014 -- Our General Meeting and Picnic.