This is a tutorial for class scheduling staff only. No log in is required.
This guide reviews how CSUN staff granted security access to the Schedule of Classes (SOC), specifically College SOLAR Coordinators, can assign and maintain department URLs that display on Class Search.
Once the department URL for a Subject Area (e.g., BIOL) is entered, the URL will display on Class Search for every course, class section and term in that department.
SOLAR does not automatically update department URLs. Keep department URLs current, especially before the start of registration. You may access this component before and after schedule build.
- Log into myNorthridge Portal at www.csun.edu.
- Under the Staff Tab, click SOLAR SA on the menu.
- Click Department URL Maintenance on the right.
The Find an Existing Value page displays.
- Click Search to view all subjects in your college (leave the "Search by" field blank).
- Select the desired subject area from the Search Results.
The CSUN Department URL Maintenance page displays.
- Enter a new URL or replace an existing URL.
- Click Submit to save your entry. Leave Contact Name blank, it is not used at this time.
- To verify that your entry works; click Test URL Address.
To edit the next subject, click the Next in List button.
Congratulations! You've successfully added/updated a department URL.
Example of a department URL added to Class Search.
The Internet Explorer icon and department link display in the Course List results.
Class Search will not display a Department Website link unless it has been assigned in the SOLAR SOC URL Maintenance component.
Click the link to open a new window and view the department website.