This is a tutorial for class scheduling staff only. No log in is required.
This guide reviews how CSUN staff granted security access to the Schedule of Classes (SOC) run reports to audit class data in SOLAR.
IMPORTANT! During peak registration periods, avoid system slow down by waiting for one report to finish before submitting a second one. Do not run the same report more than once just because SOLAR did not complete it the first time. If a report is stuck in queue, report the problem to your SOLAR Coordinator. Every attempt to free up the queue will be made.
- Log into myNorthridge Portal at www.csun.edu.
- Under the Staff Tab, click SOLAR SA on the menu.
- Click Schedule of Classes - Reports in the SOLAR SA box.
The Schedule of Classes - Reports menu displays.
Menu may differ based on access roles.
- Select the desired report.
The Find an Existing Value page displays.
The Run Control ID is your 9-digit CSUN ID. Performance issues may occur if IDs are not unique. It will also help when troubleshooting report-related issues.
Establish your CSUN ID as a Run Control ID (only need to do this once), click the Add a New Value tab. Enter your 9-digit CSUN ID (no spaces) in the Run Control ID field and click the Add button.
- Click Search to view a list of Run Control IDs.
- From the Search Results, select your 9-digit CSUN ID number.
The Selection Criteria page displays.
Enter *Required fields:
- Enter a *Term.
- Enter a *Session. Prevent report errors by selecting the correct session especially for summer.
- Enter the *Acad Org. Learn more.
- Enter the desired Enroll Type. Click the magnifying glass to view options.
- Leave the Census box unchecked to reflect numbers through the current date. To retrieve census data (data reported to the CO), check the Census box. It must be the day AFTER census (20th day of instruction) when data is frozen as part of the permanent recorded in SOLAR.
- In the Class Status area, check one or more boxes to include those class types in the report. Uncheck to hide those sections.
- Select Report Options. Click the magnifying glass icon to view format option menus.
- Click the Save button to save criteria entries.
- Click the Run button to submit the report to SOLAR.
The Process Scheduler Request page displays.
The fields on this page automatically populate from system defaults. There is no need to change them.
- Verify that the Server Name is PSUNX.
- Verify that the *Type is Web.
- Verify that the *Format is PDF.
- Click OK.
You are returned to the Selection Criteria page.
- A Process Instance number is assigned.
- Click Process Monitor.
The Process List page displays the status of one or more reports.
- When the words Success and Posted display, the report is ready. Click the Refresh button to update the page.
- Click the Details link.
SOLAR could be a slower than usual during peak registration periods. To determine if a report is stuck in queue or processing, check the Run Status column on the Process List page.
IMPORTANT ! Never run the same report twice. It could slow or halt the processing of all reports!
The Process Detail page displays.
- Cancel or delete a report. To continue, go to #2.
- Click the View Log/Trace link.
The View Log/Trace page displays.
This page stores a list of output files that end in PDF or CSV.
- Click PDF to view the Adobe Acrobat file or
- Click CSV to open the Excel spreadsheet. Always "open" the CSV file to enable SOLAR to format the data.
Other extension types are used by IT when troubleshooting report problems such as "*.log - shows job specs" and "*.out - shows the report version number."
The system displays a message (only a warning) that the software versions don't match between your computer and SOLAR.
- Click YES to acknowledge the message and to proceed.
Waiting for something to happen? Sometimes the software version message is hidden beneath other windows. Try moving windows around.
The report opens.
- Save the report to your computer.
- Assign a filename and define an extension type.
NO DATA LISTED IN THE REPORT?
Check system default values on the Process Scheduler Request page (picture shown in Step 5).
Server=PSUNX; *Type=Web; *Format=PDF
Did you select the correct session value especially for summer term?
Self Support =SUS; State Support=SUR