This is a tutorial for class scheduling staff only. No log in is required.
This guide reviews how CSUN staff granted security access to the Schedule of Classes (SOC) view the SOLAR catalog to identify course repeat permissions and request corrections if necessary.
- Students may repeat the same course in a subsequent term if the Repeat for Credit is authorized in the SOLAR Course Catalog.
- Students may enroll in the same course within the same term (two different class sections) if the Allow Multiple Enroll in Term is authorized in the SOLAR Course Catalog.
In case 1 above, students may want to repeat a course in a subsequent term, where permitted, to improve a grade. In case 2 above, students may wish to enroll more than once within a term in fieldwork courses, independent studies and academic internships, where permitted. Problems may arise when students attempt either to repeat such courses in a subsequent term or to register in two different sections of the same course within a term. This SOLAR brief provides instructions for viewing SOLAR Course Catalog repeat rules and requesting corrections if necessary.
To view catalog repeat rules on SOLAR, follow these steps:
- Log into myNorthridge Portal at www.csun.edu.
- In the Staff Tab menu, click SOLAR SA.
- Click Course Catalog on the right.
Learn more about:
- On the Find an Existing Value page, enter the Subject and Catalog Nbr, then click Search.
- Select the desired course from the Search Results.
The Catalog Data page displays, including the Repeat for Credit Rules section.
If the course has been approved for repeats, verify the following data:
- The Repeat for Credit box is checked.
- The number values for Total Units Allowed is correct.
- The number of Total Completions Allowed is correct.
If the course has been approved for multiple enrollments in two different sections of the same course within the same term, verify the following data:
- The Allow Multiple Enroll in Term box is checked.
If any of the data in the Repeat for Credit Rules section is incorrect, contact the appropriate Catalog office:
- Undergraduate-level courses, contact Greg Mena.
- Graduate-level courses, contact Gloria Roberts.
IMPORTANT! Permission numbers do not override SOLAR Course Catalog criteria.